M-TEC PROVIDES ENGINEERING AND INSPECTION SERVICES FOR:
Highway / roadway construction
Reconstruction, milling and resurfacing existing roadways
Rehabilitation and deck replacements of existing structures
Commercial / multi-level buildings
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATION & SUPPORT
M-Tec can provide the expertise and professionals needed to handle the overall planning, coordination and execution of a construction project. M-Tec’s staff includes licensed Professional Engineers, resident engineers, construction inspectors and project managers who possess extensive experience managing and administrating projects of varied sizes. The staff has managed state Department of Transportation, county and municipal projects and are well versed on Federal Highway Administration regulations and requirements.
Our foremost objectives include meeting client requirements and assuring adherence to performance and quality standards in order to produce functionally and financially viable projects.
Our management and administration services can include all aspects of a project from design, bid assistance, construction related services to project close-out.
- Change Order Review
- Constructability Review
- Construction Observation & Field Testing
- Preparation of As-Builts
- Schedule/CPM Review
- Our firm can provide Critical Path Method (CPM) progress schedule reviews of preliminary schedules, baseline schedules and progress schedule updates, along with written reports evaluating same. In addition, for more complex projects and when work load dictates M-Tec will utilize our business affiliates who have expertise in schedule review to deliver a quality schedule review for most any type of construction project.
- Monitoring schedule
- Shop and Work Drawing Review
- M-Tec has the qualified professional engineers to review shop and working drawings for conformance to their respective contracts and when necessary, team with one of our associate design firms to provide a comprehensive evaluation of the submitted drawings. This work will be prioritized to meet the specified time frames for review.
- Monitoring budget
- Claims Analysis
- M-Tec’s professionals have a reputation for resolving construction issues with a practical approach prior to escalation to formal claim. However, our staff is experienced with the claim resolution process and negotiating equitable solutions for project stakeholders.
- Project Closeout
M-Tec has the resources to provide quality inspection services for all types of heavy construction projects. M-Tec professionals will observe and document the progress and quality of the work of the contractor(s), determine whether their work is in substantial compliance with the contract documents, keep track of and determine whether the work is proceeding on schedule.
M-Tec personnel have provided this type of inspection to:
- State, County and Local governments
- The New Jersey Turnpike Authority
- The Pennsylvania Turnpike Authority
- Lehigh Valley International Airport.
- New Jersey Turnpike Authority toll booths,
- Athletic fields and Facilities
- School Districts
BUILDING AND PARKING STRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION
- Casinos and Hotels
- Parking Decks
- Office Buildings
M-Tec professionals can perform and supervise construction material testing in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, AISC, AWS, ASHT standards and testing procedures and can also perform the required testing to satisfy government agencies such as the FAA, FHWA, NJDOT, NYDOT and PennDOT.
This includes the inspection/testing of:
- Structural steel
- Portland Cement Concrete
- Bituminous Concrete
M-Tec personnel hold the following certifications:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certified Concrete Construction Technologist
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
- New Jersey Society of Asphalt Technologists, Asphalt Paving Construction Technologist
M-Tec can furnish a variety of geotechnical services including:
- Soil boring analysis
- ATSM soil testing and providing an analysis and evaluation of the test results
- Managing, supervising and inspecting sinkhole remediation
- Preparing geotechnical and structural evaluation reports
- Recommending site restoration programs
- Retaining wall inspection including the placement of soil nails, gunite and the grouting and post tensioning of rock / soil anchors.
PREFABRICATED CONSTRUCTION COMPONENT INSPECTION
Prefabricated construction component inspection can be performed at the plant or shop where the components are being assembled or formed, or on the job site. Some of these components include:
- Precast concrete bridge components such as footing, abutment walls, wing walls, pre-stressed concrete beams
- Culvert sections
- Steel bridge components such as structural steel girders, truss members, diaphragms and sections